In The Stars – Latest Posts
- In the Stars July 15-22, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week
- In the Stars July 8-15, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: New Moon Solar Eclipse
- In the Stars July 1-8, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week
- In the Stars June 24-July 1, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Full Moon
- In the Stars June 17-24, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Summer Solstice
In The Stars – Blog Archive
Ten Thing to Do with Venus in Sagittarius (December 1-24, 2017)
1. Invite someone to dinner who is from a different culture or has a different religion.
2. Express appreciation to your in-laws.
3. Plan your next long-distance trip (or make a wish list).
4. Read a book about a far-away country, culture, or religion.
5. Expand your knowledge of metaphysics.
6. Write—and publish.
7. Visit a religious art exhibit, or one from another country or culture.
8. Explore a philosophy through a book, book-on-tape, or a lecture.
9. Take a hike (Sagittarius rules the thighs).
10. Venus in Sagittarius is idealistic in love: read some love poems that transport you to the ideal!
Tag Archives: Virgo
We are now in the eclipse high season. A Solar Eclipse occurred on July 13, to be followed by a Lunar Eclipse July 27, and another Solar Eclipse August 11. Retrograde Mars is conjunct the South Node, exact on Friday, … Continue reading
A Solar Eclipse, the first of three eclipses, occurs on July 13, to be followed by a Lunar Eclipse July 27, and another Solar Eclipse August 11. Mars is conjunct the South Node, indicating a potent, volatile time, especially as … Continue reading
While I was dancing at the second graduation party of the day on Saturday, I pondered how graduation season falls when the Sun is in Gemini, symbolizing connection and community. Gemini energy lends itself to fun parties. People are friendly, easy, … Continue reading
The Sun is now in the zodiacal sign of Taurus, symbolizing nourishment and growth. Seeds are planted to grow into flowers and vegetables. Taurus symbolizes all things sensual: beauty for the eyes, music for the ears, delicious food for taste, … Continue reading
Mars in Capricorn is serious about getting things moving, and working with powerful focus on big projects. However, some of Mars’ capable power may be diminished by Mercury in retrograde motion until April 15. When Mercury is retrograde, it is … Continue reading
In the Stars February 25-March 4, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Full Moon in Virgo
Water, water everywhere! This week six planets are in mutable water sign Pisces: Sun, Neptune, Mercury, Venus, Chiron, and Juno—a lot of water symbolism, magnified by Jupiter, the planet of expansion in fixed water Scorpio. Surely we will get much … Continue reading
In the Stars January 28, 2018-February 4, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Total Lunar Eclipse
This week’s big event is the first eclipse of 2018, a total eclipse of the Moon on January 31. This Full Moon in Leo opposes the Sun in Aquarius at 11:37 degrees. This degree is close to the first of … Continue reading
In the Stars December 31, 2017-January 7, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Full Moon-New Year
Welcome to 2018! The New Year rings in bold and bright in the light of a Full Moon. Uranus turns direct on Tuesday, January 2, after a five-month retrograde spin, releasing energy for innovation and independence, and a big leap … Continue reading
I have sympathy with those experiencing the wildfires in Southern California. This is a continuing influence of the August 21 Total Solar Eclipse, as several planets aligned with the eclipse degrees. Better news is that the euphoria and expansion of … Continue reading
Several alignments this coming week can uplift and transform relationships, including our relationship with money [Pluto-conjunct-Juno; Venus-conjunct-Jupiter, and Venus/Jupiter-trine-Neptune]. First, let’s consider the meaning of the Pluto-Juno conjunction. Pluto symbolizes transformation and empowerment, and Juno symbolizes marriage, partnership, and meaningful … Continue reading