Pause and reflect on the past week. What breakthroughs occurred? Crises? New projects? This extremely volatile month continues to heat up. Two big earthquakes in Chile, the Washington mudslide, and another shooting at Ft. Hood are the sorts of things we should not be surprised to occur. We are coming close to the powerful Total Lunar Eclipse next week on April 15. The fifth of seven Uranus-Pluto squares during 2012-2015 approaches, part of the exact Grand Cross April 22-23 that aligns with Jupiter and Mars at 13 degrees of each cardinal sign (Uranus in Aries, Jupiter in Cancer, Mars in Libra, and Pluto in Capricorn). The planetary energy/alignments don’t get any more potent than this, so continue to think about how you want to put all this dynamic energy to work.
Sunday’s Cancer Moon highlights home and family; however, it could be a bumpy, volatile day as the Moon highlights the Uranus-Pluto-Jupiter T-square. Surprises and twists may show up and change the day’s plans. Stay open to the course that appears rather than the course you had planned.
Monday is an astral inferno, with both the Sun and the Moon squaring each other and the Sun opposite Mars in angular to the other three planets in the tightening Grand Cross. The Moon trines Saturn, offering some compassion, sensitivity, and stability. You could break ground on a new plan, but given the volatility of the day, go slow and carefully. Do not take unnecessary risks!
Tuesday through Thursday afternoon the Moon is in the exuberant, creative, fixed fire sign Leo. This adds to the heat of the planetary energy, and the flames are fanned by the an exact Mars-Sun opposition on Tuesday as well. Stay emotionally cool, and manage conflict. Wednesday is less burdened by negative energy noise. This should enable the brilliance and playfulness of the Leo Moon to shine forth.
The Moon is Void of Course for a long period Thursday until it moves into Virgo at 3:06 PM Pacific Time. The Virgo Moon signals a time to channel what the poet Wallace Stevens called “the blessed rage to order.” With all the volatility in the heavens, this attitude can be helpful. Clean and organize. Do the detailed legwork for the big project that you are about to launch. We often refer to Virgo as the sign under which we can cross things off our lists. If you are NOT a list maker, this would be a great week to give it a try.
Friday Venus joins Neptune for a dreamy dance. Make it a sweet, inspired, romantic evening. Listen to music and dance the night away!
Saturday the Moon is Void almost all day, starting at 10:12 AM Pacific Time, another Saturday that is not good for shopping or running errands. Rather, use the industrious Virgo Moon in and around your living space. This would be a great opportunity to upgrade your garden or landscaping.
Sunday the Moon is in Libra—a perfect backdrop for chilling with my husband at the Arlo Guthrie concert we’ll attend (the Libra Moon wants to be relating and loves languoring with Venusian pleasures like music). Infuse your day with expressions of love and beauty. This is a lovely day with some ease—but note that the next two days are extremely volatile, with the Lunar Eclipse on Tuesday. So cherish the ease and sweetness of this Palm Sunday.
The Week in Short:
• Sunday: Optimism abounds. Thunder rumbles and shakes out change.
• Monday: Go slowly through fire; measure bold action against unnecessary risks.
• Tuesday: More fire: Stay cool and manage conflict.
• Wednesday: Courage and creativity!
• Thursday: Void Moon: Put order in your life.
• Friday: Work well today, then have a dreamy evening.
• Saturday: Void Moon in Virgo: Clean house.
• Sunday: Easy Venusian day. Chill before the coming planetary storms.
Moon Void-of-Course: This is the time when the Moon makes its last major angular aspect with a planet and before it moves into the next zodiacal sign tropically. This void time, when the Moon is not aspecting a planet, but rather floating on its own, is a time when things don’t come together and it’s difficult to make decisions. Purchases made during void Moons often turn out to be unsatisfactory and not work out. Appointments often don’t come together and meetings don’t result in progress or sound, lasting decisions. You will more easily get lost or meander if you’re trying to get somewhere.
The VoC Moon times for the next month are listed below so that you can plan meetings, decisions, and purchases at times when the Moon is not VoC; and use the void times for gardening, reading, and routine task work. Dates when the Moon is VoC for long daytime periods are in bold.
Exact Void-of-Course Moon times for the month ahead (one lunar cycle) are:
Pacific Daylight Time:
• Monday, April 7 at 11:14 AM through Tuesday, April 8 at 2:50 AM (Moon into Leo)
• Wednesday, April 9 at 11:36 PM through Thursday, April 10 at 3:08 PM (Moon into Virgo)
• Saturday, April 12 at 10:12 AM through Sunday, April 13 at 1:33 AM (Moon into Libra)
• Tuesday, April 15: 12:42-9:20 AM (Moon into Scorpio)
• Thursday, April 17: 12:09 AM-2:44 PM (Moon into Sagittarius)
• Saturday, April 19: 6:17-6:28 PM (Moon into Capricorn)
• Monday, April 21: 4:21-9:18 PM (Moon into Aquarius)
• Wednesday, April 23: 9:10 AM-11:55 PM (Moon into Pisces)
• Friday, April 25 at 1:03 PM through Saturday at 3:01 AM (Moon into Aries)
• Sunday, April 27 at 4:02 AM through Monday, April 28 at 7:23 AM (Moon into Taurus)
• Wednesday, April 30: 8:53 AM-1:56 PM (Moon into Gemini)
• Thursday, May 1 at 4:32 PM through Friday, May 2 at 11:13 PM (Moon in Cancer)
• Monday, April 7 at 7:14 PM through Tuesday, April 8 at 10:50 AM (Moon into Leo)
• Thursday, April 10: 7:36 AM–11:08 PM (Moon into Virgo)
• Saturday, April 12 at 6:12 PM through Sunday, April 13 at 9:33 AM (Moon into Libra)
• Tuesday, April 15: 8:42 AM-5:20 PM (Moon into Scorpio)
• Thursday, April 17: 8:09 AM-10:44 PM (Moon into Sagittarius)
• Sunday, April 20: 2:17-2:28 AM (Moon into Capricorn)
• Monday, April 21 at 12:21 through Tuesday at 5:18 AM (Moon into Aquarius)
• Wednesday, April 23 at 5:10 PM (17:10) through Thursday at 7:55 AM (Moon into Pisces)
• Friday, April 25 at 9:03 PM (21:03) through Saturday at 11:01 AM (Moon into Aries)
• Sunday, April 27 at 12:02 PM through Monday, April 28 at 3:23 PM (15:23) (Moon into Taurus)
• Wednesday, April 30: 4:53-9:56 (16:53-21:58) PM (Moon into Gemini)
• Friday, May 2 at 0:32 AM through Saturday, May 3 at 7:13 AM (Moon in Cancer)
Feel free to forward this blog!
Sign up (free) at: wwww.cathycoleman.co (not com)
Contact for astrological readings/consultations at: