This blog is posting one day early to highlight the New Moon at 26 degrees of Scorpio. Scorpio symbolizes dying. In the darkness of the Scorpio New Moon, we are called to look at what is stagnant or stuck in our lives, what we want to let go or die, and how we want to regenerate. This New Moon calls for a deep look at what needs to be changed and transformed in our lives. Savor the inner quietude of the Sun in Scorpio for a few more days until the Sun moves into Sagittarius on Tuesday, bringing on the glow of the holidays.
The Mars-Pluto square, exact on Sunday, is a big theme this week. This is dynamic but turbulent energy. Tempers can flare. However, these roiling energies can also be oriented positively through vigorous exercise or hard work on difficult projects. Thankfully, there is a lot of benefic energy to offset this ebullient, demanding alignment…which begins to wane after its crescendo on Sunday.
A New Moon at 26 degrees of Scorpio heralds a new lunar cycle on Saturday. Scorpio symbolizes dying. In the darkness of the Scorpio New Moon, we are called to look at what is ready to die and pass away from our lives, and what is calling for rebirth. Death, sex, and taxes are Scorpio themes, and there have been plenty of stories in the news covering these themes: tax reforms, mass shootings, and truths revealed about sexual harassment in the workplace. Relationships and finances are areas of focus calling for pruning to spur new growth. Saturday’s slow start results from a Void of Course Moon until it bounces into sunny Sagittarius at 10:59 a.m. PST. Then we are called to adventure. Take a late autumn bike ride or road trip, or travel in your mind and learn something new. Saturday evening is staged for a party!
Sunday is a tempestuous day as a result of an exact Mars-Pluto square. It would be best to start this day with intense exercise to burn off the tension, and to invigorate ourselves. Then lean into a demanding project. If tempers flare, stay cool. The day is volatile, and yet we can use this dynamic energy to power through something challenging and worthy of our great efforts.
The Moon in Sagittarius highlights the Saturn-Uranus trine on Monday. This a major aspect that gives us the ability to ground and to work on our creative ideas and opportunities. The Moon makes a benefic trine to Uranus mid-day, opening us to innovation and amazement. A few hours later the Moon combines with Saturn, reining in our optimism, but giving us self-discipline for getting some things accomplished. However, this Saturn-Moon conjunction signals the beginning of a Void of Course Moon evening. Turn your attention after 4:26 p.m. PST to routine tasks and things already set in motion during this VoC period.
Tuesday sparkles with benefic aspects which help offset the serious, taciturn energy of the Capricorn Moon. The Sun ingresses into Sagittarius in the evening, delivering vision, optimism, and celebration for the next month. This is a day to dream big and look forward to the holidays—while you attend to the work at hand.
Neptune governs Wednesday’s themes as it stations turning direct. When a planet turns direct in motion its symbolism is amplified. Neptune symbolizes vision, imagination, idealism, and compassion. The hard-working Capricorn Moon conjuncts Pluto and squares Mars. Neptune softens the hard edges of this dynamic day and reminds us of the bigger picture and what is f lasting importance.
Thanksgiving Day is a friendly day with Moon in Aquarius, the perfect backdrop for a holiday gathering with friends and family. Mars is a pulling away from its tense square with Pluto–easing up on the tense energy–and leaving us with a lightness, curiosity, and detachment.
Black Friday is the first one in three years that we do not have a VoC Moon, so unlike the last two years, it is a fine and free-spirited day to shop or hang out with friends. The only negative is a Moon-Jupiter square, which may lead to over-expenditures or excess eating. So get yesterday’s hedonism behind you: one day is enough!
Saturday sports a brilliant Mercury-Uranus trine. Insights and great ideas abound! Seize them. In addition, the day is mixed with mostly positive aspects. With the Moon in detached air sign Aquarius, we will not be encumbered. This is a day for friendship and generative conversations. Relax Saturday evening into a fun dinner with friends, as the Moon is void of course starting at 6:37 p.m. PST.
Sunday is soft and dreamy. The day glows with inspiration, creativity, and happiness. Use this beautiful, expansive energy to make your home merry and bright for the holiday season.
* * * * * * * * *
The Week in Short:
Saturday: Slow start (Moon VoC) until 10:59 a.m. Then set out for an adventure. Make it a party night.
Sunday: Challenging, tempestuous day. Exercise vigorously, and work on a demanding project. Mind your tongue and temper.
Monday: Creative, innovative, amazing day. Self-discipline can help get some things accomplished.
Tuesday: Dream big and attend to the work at hand.
Wednesday: Neptune stations and softens the hard edges of a dynamic day.
Thursday: Friendly day for sharing with friends and family…and for Giving Thanks!
Friday: Free-spirited day to shop or hang out with friends. Watch tendencies to overspend and overeat.
Saturday: Insights and great ideas abound.
Sunday: Beautiful, inspiring day. Make your home merry and bright.
Ten Things to Do with Venus in Scorpio (November 7-December 1)
- Love deeply.
- Write a poem to express your deep feelings.
- Review your investments and research other investment options.
- Make a commitment to increase your savings and investments.
- Give generously to someone in need during the holidays.
- Purge your stuff and give things away.
- Get a massage.
- Listen deeply, and say only what is necessary.
- Read a deep, transformative biography.
- Enjoy the quiet of this darkest time of the year.Contact Cathy for astrological readings/consultations at: firstname.lastname@example.orgExact Void-of-Course Moon times for the month ahead (one lunar cycle) are: Monday, November 20: 4:26 p.m.-11:14 p.m. (Moon into Capricorn)Saturday, November 25 at 6:37 p.m. through Sunday, November 26 at 0:04 a.m. (Moon into Pisces)Thursday, November 30: 10:37 a.m.-12:38 p.m. (Moon into Taurus)Monday, December 4: 11:13 a.m.-12:37 p.m. (Moon into Cancer)Friday, December 8: 2:40 p.m.-3:09 p.m. (Moon into Virgo)Wednesday, December 13: 4:27 a.m.-5:59 a.m. (Moon into Scorpio)GMT:Thursday, November 23: 10:33 a.m.-18:14 p.m. (Moon into Aquarius)Tuesday, November 28: 12:09-16:30 (Moon into Aries)Saturday, December 2: 1:53-9:21 (Moon into Gemini)Wednesday, December 6: 17:56-20:37 (Moon into Leo)Monday, December 11: 3:02-5:01 (Moon into LibraFriday, December 15 at 1:42 through Saturday, December 16 at 1:07 (Moon into Sagittarius)
- Wednesday, December 13: 12:27-13:59 (Moon into Scorpio)
- Friday, December 8: 22:40-23:09 p.m. (Moon into Virgo)
- Monday, December 4: 19:13-20:37 (Moon into Cancer)
- Thursday, November 30 at 18:37-20:38 (Moon into Taurus)
- Sunday, November 26: 2:37 a.m.-8:04 a.m. (Moon into Pisces)
- Tuesday, November 21: 0:26—7:14 p.m. (Moon into Capricorn)
- Thursday, December 14 at 5:42 p.m. through Friday, December 15 at 5:07 p.m. (Moon into Sagittarius)
- Sunday, December 10: 7:02 p.m.-9:01 p.m. (Moon into Libra)
- Wednesday, December 6: 9:56 a.m.-12:37 p.m. (Moon into Leo)
- Friday, December 1 at 5:53 p.m. through Saturday, December 2 at 1:21 p.m. (Moon into Gemini)
- Tuesday, November 28: 4:09 a.m.-8:30 a.m. (Moon into Aries)
- Thursday, November 23: 2:33 a.m.-12:14 p.m. (Moon into Aquarius)
- Pacific Standard Time:
- Moon Void-of-Course: This is the time when the Moon makes its last major angular aspect with a planet before it moves into the next zodiacal sign tropically. This void time, when the Moon is not aspecting a planet, but rather floating on its own, is a time when things don’t come together and it’s difficult to make good decisions. Purchases made during void Moons often turn out to be unsatisfactory and not work out. Appointments often don’t come together, and meetings don’t result in progress or sound, lasting decisions. We more easily get lost or meander in trying to get somewhere. The VoC Moon times for the next month are listed below so that you can plan meetings, decisions, and purchases at times when the Moon is not VoC; and use the void times for gardening, reading, and routine task work.