In The Stars – Latest Posts
- In the Stars January 21-28, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week
- In the Stars January 14-21, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: New Moon in Capricorn
- In the Stars January 7-14, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week
- In the Stars December 31, 2017-January 7, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Full Moon-New Year
- In the Stars December 24-31, 2017…shining light on the astrology of the week
In The Stars – Blog Archive
Ten Thing to Do with Venus in Sagittarius (December 1-24, 2017)
1. Invite someone to dinner who is from a different culture or has a different religion.
2. Express appreciation to your in-laws.
3. Plan your next long-distance trip (or make a wish list).
4. Read a book about a far-away country, culture, or religion.
5. Expand your knowledge of metaphysics.
6. Write—and publish.
7. Visit a religious art exhibit, or one from another country or culture.
8. Explore a philosophy through a book, book-on-tape, or a lecture.
9. Take a hike (Sagittarius rules the thighs).
10. Venus in Sagittarius is idealistic in love: read some love poems that transport you to the ideal!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This past week I planned and held a memorial for my brother, Gehrig Coleman, who died January 12, and began to work on the practical demands of the dissolution of his household. Then my beloved sister-in-law, Judy Metzner, died unexpectedly … Continue reading
My blog this week is dedicated to my brother, Gehrig Coleman, who died on Friday, January 12. Gehrig, a younger brother born with the Sun in Scorpio tropically, introduced me to astrology when I was a teenager. My mother and … Continue reading
Did the New Year ring in bold and bright for you? Uranus turned direct on Tuesday, January 2, after a five-month retrograde spin, releasing energy for innovation and independence, and a big leap forward. Sun and Saturn have just marched … Continue reading
In the Stars December 31, 2017-January 7, 2018…shining light on the astrology of the week: Full Moon-New Year
Welcome to 2018! The New Year rings in bold and bright in the light of a Full Moon. Uranus turns direct on Tuesday, January 2, after a five-month retrograde spin, releasing energy for innovation and independence, and a big leap … Continue reading
The Sun and Saturn have just marched into Capricorn, joining Venus and Pluto in this cardinal, action-oriented, earth sign. There is now fuel for productivity and accomplishment! Saturn represents government. Jupiter is now in Scorpio, symbolizing wealth, debt, and taxes—other … Continue reading
In the Stars December 17-24, 2017…shining light on the astrology of the week: New Moon in Sagittarius; Winter Solstice
There are several significant planetary events this week: the New Moon on December 17/18, Saturn’s ingress into Capricorn on December 19, the Winter Solstice when the Sun ingresses into Capricorn on December 21, and Mercury turning direct on December 22. … Continue reading
I have sympathy with those experiencing the wildfires in Southern California. This is a continuing influence of the August 21 Total Solar Eclipse, as several planets aligned with the eclipse degrees. Better news is that the euphoria and expansion of … Continue reading
The euphoria and expansion of the Jupiter-Neptune trine that was exact on Saturday, December 2, continues throughout the coming week. The Sun, flanked by Venus, Saturn, and Mercury in sunny Sagittarius, keeps our spirits high. In spite of dark reckonings … Continue reading
The coming week is euphoric with the building Jupiter-Neptune trine, exact on Saturday, December 2, and the Sun in sunny Sagittarius. Mercury turns retrograde Sunday, December 3, so make travel plans and arrangements early in the week. The Mercury retrograde … Continue reading
This blog is posting one day early to highlight the New Moon at 26 degrees of Scorpio. Scorpio symbolizes dying. In the darkness of the Scorpio New Moon, we are called to look at what is stagnant or stuck in … Continue reading